Creating, collecting & recycling textiles & papercrafts. I love preserving the past for the future.

Saturday 31 March 2012

50th Birthday Gift for a friend


Boxed set of 12 postcards
with
a
french theme.
I purchased a lidded box with a magnetic closure
and
decorated the lid
to serve
as
the
50th birthday card.

Then made 12 vintage look postcards and envelopes with paper band 
that neatly sit inside.
I bought the lidded 'book look' box a few months ago
because
I knew I would use it sometime soon for something.
Inside of the box was already lined with cute french looking paper in correct colour so left it as is.
The paper I used as the base for the birthday card and what I based my colour theme on.
I initially was thinking my friend could use the box to store her recieved 50th birthday cards in
but
then
inspiration struck
and
I
thought I'd make a card for each month of the next 12 months
and
then morphed
into
vintage type postcards
with
a French theme.
She just travelled to France in 2011
so I thought it a fitting theme.
The mess of making something.
All quickly put away though as soon as I'm finished
as everything has it's own place.
I love to be organised!
It took me 2 days to complete this project and for those 2 days all of the 'stuff' needed to make it was left out ready for use.
I have a dedicated sewing room so it's not really a problem to anyone but me.
I do not like dis-order...
Papercraft requires so many different tools, glues, papers and embellishments
but I thoroughly loved making this gift for my good friend.
Thanks for looking and I'd love to hear what you think of my project.
Also can't wait to hear from my friend when she receives it in the post hopefully on Monday which is her big day.
and I am also linking into

Vintage Inspiration Friday





















15 comments:

  1. Just fabulous, Dear! Wonderful blog! ~ I'm now following ~ Best, Anne ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ElenaElizabeth, Your box of cards is beautiful. What a lovely gift for your friend's 50th birthday!
    Thanks for stopping by. I'm a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful, and what a lovely personalized gift. I bet your friend loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and very special gift. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visit and comment over on Retired in Alaska. Yes the snow here gets old after 9 months!! We have a short summer in this far South Central part of the state and it does not get over 65 which suits me find. I love what you did for your friend's 50th. I have a son turning 50 in Sept this year and wonder what I could do for him that is special??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great birthday gift. I'm sure your friend was thrilled! Happy PS and thanks for visiting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend has not received it yet? It's in the mail and I HOPE she gets it tomorrow which is her birthday. Thanks for visiting my blog all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow -- what a special gift! The box alone is a work of art and the cards . . . well I bet your friend is going to have a hard time giving them away!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh -- you asked about my blog and suggestions for making one grow. I'm no expert as there are blogs WAY better than mine but a few tips: Change your email setting because currently you are a "no-reply blogger" which means when you email or post on a blog, they cannot email you back. Second, join linky parties and visit LOTS of others posts leaving nice comments. Now "blog etiquette" suggests that when someone comments on YOUR blog, you should visit and comment on THEIR post. It's also nice to reply to their post via email thanking them for their visit. Give aways really boost followers -- you could give away a package of your cards! Finally, feature other bloggers on YOUR blog. This creates a lot of 'traffic' between blogs and always generates interest. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet idea! Love your pretty box and I'm sure your friend will love it too.

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my project. I'm following you back.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute these are. What a great gift!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice gift you made for your friend! Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog -- fleas???? Really??? Oh, I think THAT would cure me from thrift stores for awhile. Roaches, mice -- those are easy to avoid but fleas?? Yikes!! Also, you are set up as a 'no-reply' blogger so I couldn't email you back -- didn't know if you knew that or not. Anyway, thanks again for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful and special. Lucky friend!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete