Creating, collecting & recycling textiles & papercrafts. I love preserving the past for the future.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Butterfly cake

Isn't she pretty?
This little cake is quite special.
Recently my family had a re-union picnic that I could not attend as I was recovering from spinal surgery.
My aunty is a great cook!
She knows I love her butterfly cakes...
so
she gave two of the precious little bundles to my mother to freeze for me.
This week my parents came to visit me and Mum brought the little cakes with her.
I LOVE them so much. The cake is light and moist. The mock cream is light and delightfully not too sweet......Bliss!
These little cakes made a huge journey to get to me, starting on the wide bay coast they travelled 165km to the picnic spot, then 175km to my parents house and then 114 to my house.
A journey totalling about 450 km.
They are gone now, I ate them.
Blow the diet!
I stick to it faithfully MOST days but eating these little cakes was pure pleasure and not just because of their deliciousness.
I miss out on so many activities due to being housebound with spinal troubles.
This lovely gesture was so touching.
Thank you Aunty Sue.
xxxx

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely story. So pleased you enjoyed them. My dad used to say "A little bit of what you fancy does you good"
    Hope you are feeling a little better. xxhugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well girly...this must be the sweetest Aunty EVER! How kind and loving! Looks delish! Thanks for sharing with us. xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little butterfly cakes are beautiful and they look delicious as well. Trust you're recovering well from your surgery.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious! Hope you're mending well. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that cake does indeed look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellena Elizabeth,
    Well Your Aunt is a sweetheart indeed to send you such delights. The cake looks so yummy and pretty too. So hope you are feeling better since your surgery. Prayers for you dear and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment and prayers for Ceekay.

    Have a nice weekend. Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, how sweet! I love this story. Hope you recover quickly and I'm so glad you enjoyed your treat!

    Thanks for your kind words on my shutter project. Bathrooms should never be without windows!!!! lol

    xox

    ReplyDelete