Creating, collecting & recycling textiles & papercrafts. I love preserving the past for the future.

Friday 9 March 2012

My courtyard garden

I just want to share a little courtyard garden with you.
It was at our last house
but
it
was cute
and
sometimes I miss it.
When we moved so did all our rustic bits and pieces....
all up 3 trailer's full
obviously more than what you can see here.
This beautiful rusty wheel came from my grandparent's farm
This rustic cow was bought from a man called Terry who hand cuts all his pieces
This water feature was made by my husband and my dad did some welding to make up the mock tap.
The bucket came from Dad's shed
and
was rusted out in the bottom
so
I
thought it would be great for our water feature
I call it
'There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza'
These lovely little winter violas were self seeding and came up amongst the pebbles every winter
This rusty old Singer sewing machine survived
a
house fire
so
I
thought it deserved to have new life
in
my
Courtyard Garden
Thanks for looking through my blog
I'd love you to leave a comment

I am linked
to
Please visit the others who are participating.


6 comments:

  1. Greetings,

    Everything looks beautiful. I love your courtyard garden and your water bucket water feature. Very inspirational. I can't wait for spring to get here so I can get out in the garden. Have a wonderful day!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your courtyard garden is beautiful, EllenaElizabeth! No wonder you miss it. It's obvious a lot of planning, time and care was put into it.

    Thanks for all you kind and thoughtful posts on my blog.

    ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful garden! It makes me wish for spring, but I'm in Denver, so, that wish is a long way off...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. I live in Australia, so all our seasons are upside down to yours. We have just started Autumn....its one of the best seasons here. We don't get snow but have very cold winters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are following me back! I only post once or twice a month. The rest of time, I am running my small company, Prayer Notes by Cynthia. I'm a retired teacher and assistant principal, and couldn't sit still. LOL! Hence, I started an LLC and decided to turn my hobby into a company. I am enjoying myself and learning how to run a company, as it is nothing like running a school! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cynthia. Thanks for commenting. Excuse my ignorance but what is an LLC?
    Anyhow looking forward to reading what you have to share in the future.

    ReplyDelete