Creating, collecting & recycling textiles & papercrafts. I love preserving the past for the future.

Monday 13 February 2012

Children's Tin Tea Set


15 Piece
Children's Tin Tea Set
Pretty enough to serve Valentine's afternoon tea.....
or
at
any
time of the year.
Most of us are young at heart
and
this little tin tea set is so appealing,
even though it's meant for children.
I
LOVE
IT!
Possibly slightly indulgent of me but I spotted this little set in the chemist shop last week and wanted to buy it but thought it was just something else I didn't need.
I went home and thought about it and ended up buying it with some Christmas money I had not as yet spent.
It cost $37 but it is so lovely
It has it's own case which is so pretty
as
well
as
being a bonus for storage
and
safe keeping.
My DD is 27 so too old to play with it.
She just had her first child...Master E,
so I'm guessing he probably won't want to play with it
and
certainly not if his father has anything to do with it....LOL
Never the less it will look cute in my sewing room
and
I get a little thrill each time
I
look
at
it.
I could have taken some time to set it up
with
better props
but
I was so anxious to show everyone I didn't.
I would have loved one like this when I was a child.
I did have 2 different plastic tea sets when I was little
but
only a few pieces remain
and
the pink colours are faded to almost white now.
:((
Leave me a comment
let me know what you think
of
my little
children's
tin
teaset.










17 comments:

  1. I have never seen anything like this! Is it old? The case is just darling and the fact that all the pieces are in tact is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren. The story about the tin teaset is at the top of my post. I bought it brand new last week at the chemist shop. I live in Australia, I think in the US you call them drug stores. So yes it's all intact as it's brand new and it will be staying like that...LOL Not like the ones I had as a kid and the ravages of time and little brothers took hold to the point I am only left with 3 cups.... :(
    Thanks for commenting on my story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi EllenaElizabeth, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you stopped by my blog to leave a comment! I immediately went to your blog and I'm so happy that I did. I really like that you try to re-purpose everything, and you seem to like all things vintage as do I. The tea set is delightful and I'm glad that you bought it. I'll keep visiting your blog and I hope that you visit mine often.
    Many thanks,
    Loretta...nostalgicnana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi EllenaElizabeth,

    Your children's tea set is adorable and perfect in honor of our special occasion today. Thank you for sharing this beautiful set with us. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi EllenaElizabeth,
    Welcome to my tea party and I'm so glad you have shared your adorable little tea set with us! I like that it comes with its own little case! I love these little sets and I have a couple of my own. Thank you for joining me for tea and Happy Valentines day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi: I think that tea set is adorable. I would love to find one for my Granddaughter. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Australia but the teaset was made in china.
    The only brand details I could find on the box were as follows:
    Champion Ind (Y.Y.) LTD
    All rights reserved
    Item No: CH80407
    Maybe a Google search might turn something up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this tea set is so sweet! I would have loved one like this as a child too. I do remember one tin set I had early on, but I cant' remember the pattern on it Lol! Too long ago!
    Thank yo uso much for sharing it with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly love your little tea set. It is so sweet. I bought something like this a few years ago at almost the same price. A white stuffed rabbit that came in a white wicker suitcase. It had some sewing items with it like a pincushion, etc. It made me smile.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tea set is absolutely darling!! And I just had to tell you that your kind words on my blog truly touched my heart. Thank you so very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet, I love tea sets too there is just something so charming about them..
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a sweet little teaset...maybe there will be a granddaughter one day? Either way, it is sweet!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a beautiful Tea set, it brings back memories of playing with friends making tea as a child, really love it. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that? I love it too...going to have to keep my eyes open and find a tin set! Adorable!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable and reminds me of my childhood tea set. I could not have passed up this great set either!

    ReplyDelete